Thank You For VIsiting Me...!!!

With outstretched arms, I welcome you to the world of yet unsaid emotions...

Wish you a good time.! And thank you for visiting me...!!!

Thursday 31 December 2015

"Eat That Frog"...!!!

So many places I want to be at, so many things I want to do, so many people I want to meet, so many paintings I want to complete, so many posts I want to publish on my blog...

But so little time. So how do I do..? 

By Eating Frogs.

Okay, not literally.

While browsing through the amazing Amazon.com trying to zero down my next read, I came across Brian Tracy's "Eat That Frog". The title got me intrigued, so when I tried to find out what the book was about, I came across this very interesting explanation:

"When you eat a live frog the first thing every morning, you can be rest assured that nothing worse than that can happen to you throughout the day."

Hmm. Interesting. 

So I bought that book and read it. It lived upto what it promised.

This book tells 21 time management tips, the first one being eating the frog, which is a very articulate metaphor for doing your most important, time consuming and priority one task the first thing as the day starts. That done, you can wade through the remainder of the day and tasks with a lot more fluidity and ease.

The author tells various techniques like the ABCDE method of prioritizing, how to avoid procrastination and how to scoop out larger chunks of time so that you get set to get things done. The book is slim and can be finished within 2-3 hours of dedicated reading if you have a decent speed. But the essence of this book lies not in finishing it's last page, but in keeping in mind what it's different pages say. And then  practicing them.

Some of the tips and techniques can appear to be painfully obvious, but therein lies the beauty of the book. If we all really did do what we know is right for us, would there be any need for such books to be authored? ;)

It is a good book, worth reading and practicing. You can read the book in one sitting, or a chapter a day over 21 days, but practicing what the book says will remain fundamental if you are trying to make every penny that you spent in buying the book count.

So go ahead, taste the blood yourself and then decide what it is worth. 

As for me, I have been Eating My Frogs since...!!! :)

2 comments: